Mark Freeman, the author of The Kindling of Greenfyr, was nice enough to answer a few questions for me. My review of the book can be found here.
Author Bio (from Goodreads): Mark lives, works, and writes in northern Vermont with his wife and two daughters. Educated and trained as a wildlife biologist, when not writing, Mark has studied grizzly and black bears, bobcats, spiny soft shell turtles, and spruce grouse.
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you began writing?
2. You base part of your story in Vermont, why did you choose this setting?
I love Vermont. I wasn't born here, but there is no place I've ever been that I feel more at home than here in the Green Mountain State. As the characters, ideas, and thoughts about GreenFyr began to coalesce, Vermont just seemed liek the right place for Owen to live.
3. Did you base Owen's character on anyone in your life?
4. I loved the names of the characters and creatures in the book, particularly Orla, and the creature Vrok. What inspired these names?
5. Do you think your knowledge of wildlife helped you to better describe the various creatures in your book?
6. What's one question you wish you were asked in interviews more often?
7. Can we look forward to reading more of Owen's story? I know I want to read more!
Author's Websites: www.greenfyr.com, twitter (@greenfyr), and youtube: BooneVT
Thanks again to Mark for taking time to answer my questions!