Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (September 8)

Here's my teaser this week -

It's a meme hosted by Should Be Reading and here are the
rules:
Grab your current read...
Open to a random page
Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on the pag
e
Don't include spoilers.


"Owen turned and ran, but slipped on the frozen creek. As his ankle twisted he spun to see the hound leap at him, and just as it left the ground, its back raised above the bank of the creek bed, a single ray of sun broke through the thick, gray cloud cover and touched the dog's back."

The Kindling of Greenfyr, page 11, by Mark Freeman

I'll be posting my review of this book (part of 1 ARC Tours), as well as an author interview with Mark Freeman soon!

13 comments:

Sandy said...

Yay! I'm reading this book too...and I'm SO CLOSE to finishing it!

Andrea said...

That's a great teaser! Now I'm wondering what happens next.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Nice teaser :)

Wendi said...

Interesting teaser - I'm guessing that the ray of sunlight is a good thing???

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

ibeeeg said...

very intriguing teaser.
I look forward to reading your review.

Here is my Teaser Tuesday

Susan said...

Ouch! Sounds like an interesting read. Great teaser this week :) Here's my teaser.

Kelsey said...

This looks good! Nice teaser(:

Sydney Salter said...

Fun! From p. 88 of BIG FAT MANIFESTO by Susan Vaught:

After a few awkward seconds, I manage to squeak, "I want you to take care of yourself." Then after a slow breath, "Can I do anything to help?"
Please say no.


Did I do this right? (Aside from kind of cheating and adding that 3rd wee little sentence?)

Cecelia said...

Wow! Lots of action and maybe a little pain and violence? Sounds like a cool read. Great teaser!

Mine is here.

Book Bird Dog said...

Beautiful animal on the cover!
My tease: Tease

Krista said...

I reallt like this teaser and the Cover! Awesome!

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

That is quite an interesting teaser. I am hoping he wasn't attacked by the dog but I can't quite tell.

Here's my teaser

Lisa said...

Interesting! Now I want to know what it's about.

My teaser is here.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.