Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (September 29)

It's a meme hosted by Should Be Reading and here are the rules:
Grab your current read...
Open to a random page
Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on the pag
e
Don't include spoilers.

Goddess Boot Camp by Tera Lynn Childs

"Hydrokinesis
Source: Poseidon

The ability to control and move liquids. Density of liquid affects level of control. Water is the easiest liquid to manipulate because, with the exception of dramatically dry environments (i.e. Las Vegas, Sahara Desert, Australian Outback), it is always present in the surrounding air."

Goddess Boot Camp, Page 3, by Tera Lynn Childs

I know this exceeds the sentence limit, but I love how each chapter introduces a new set of powers, and the god/goddess they originated from.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ability to move water would be a great asset! Here's my tease: Teaser Tuesday: The Texicans

Andrea said...

That is pretty cool how they introduce the gods and their powers. Great teaser!
Here's mine.

Jennifer said...

Cool teaser! Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/puzzle-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

Tales of Whimsy said...

I'm crazy about this writer. I need to get my hands on this book.

Cecelia said...

Nice! I'm sure that info sets up some sort of dramatic event - and now I want to know what it is. Great choice!

You can check mine out here.

Sandy said...

Isn't it so funny whenever Phoebe messes up when she's practicing? I love it xD

Unknown said...

Cool teaser.

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

That sounds like a fun book - gods/goddesses, special powers, origins. I'll have to check this one out.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.