Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (September 9)

This was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's basically books that haven't been released yet, but that I can't wait for.

The Mark by Jen Nadol

Sixteen-year old Cassie Renfield has seen the mark since forever: a glow around certain people as if a candle were held behind their back.

The one time she pointed it out taught her she shouldn't do it again, so Cassie has kept quiet, considering its rare appearances odd, but insignificant. Until she watches a man die. Mining her memories, Cassie realizes she can see a person's imminent death. Now how or where, only when: today.

Cassie searches her past, her philosophy lessons, even her new boyfriend for answers, always careful to keep her secret. How does the mark work? Why her? Most importantly, if you know today is someone's last, should you tell? (From Goodreads)

Published by Bloomsbury
Release Date: January 19, 2010

7 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Great pick. I can't wait to read this.

Unknown said...

Wonderful pick. I almost choose that one for today.

Amanda said...

I believe I saw an ARC of this one at ALA but they refused to let anyone take one, it was too new, I guess. It sounds really interesting, though.

Krista said...

This looks like another title I must add to my list! Awesome pick!

Unknown said...

That sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing it.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Sounds pretty good! I like the cover too.

Cecelia said...

This concept in YA paranormal seems to be really popular (and by that I mean, teens being able to sense death or something along those lines). I love the cover!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.