Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (September 23)

This was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Basically, these are books that haven't been released yet, but that I can't wait for.

Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it’s not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you’re a normal teenage girl, but when you’re half human, half mermaid like Lily, there’s no such thing as a simple crush.

Lily’s mermaid identity is a secret that can’t get out, since she’s not just any mermaid – she’s a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn’t feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she’s been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren’t really the casual dating type – when they “bond,” it’s for life.

When Lily’s attempt to win Brody’s love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned. (From Goodreads)

Published by Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: May 2010 (Goodreads). Although Amazon has the library binding listed as January 2010. I'm sure we'll get an exact date in the near future

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Now I have to add this to the growing list. It looks really good.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I can not wait for this book. I just love this author and I'm sort of obsessed with mermaid tales.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Sounds good. I love the cover. Really draws you to the book. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great pick, I will have to add to the tbr pile. Thanks for the heads up.

Karissa E said...

This book looks great. I will have to add it to my list :-)

Here's mine:
http://karissabooks.blogspot.com/2009/09/waiting-on-wednesday-923.html

Mishel said...

Such a gorgeous cover =)

I'll have to add this one to my TBR list!!

Cackleberry Homestead said...

This sounds really good - I'm going to have to add it to my list.

Sara said...

I love the cover for this one... it has most of my favorite colors in it!

It looks really cute though, love the title.

Lauren said...

I want to read this! I like anything to do with mermaids.

Kelsey said...

Ohhh great pick! I'm so excited to read this! (:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Fun title.

kt said...

I hadn't heard of this one yet, and now I really want to read it, too. I really have to start avoiding these posts. ;)

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.