Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (September 15)

Here's my teaser this week -

It's a meme hosted by Should Be Reading and here are the
rules:
Grab your current read...
Open to a random page
Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on the pag
e
Don't include spoilers.

"This is most vexing to me," I said aloud. (I had learned the word vexing from dear Jane Austen and had hoped to find a circumstance in which I could use it. This was definitely one such moment).

Scones and Sensibility, Page 21, by Lindsay Eland
*This quote is from the ARC edition of the book, so page numbers/quotes/etc are subject to change.

I'm only about 50 pages into this book, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Polly is awesome, and a girl after my own heart.

19 comments:

Wendi said...

Sounds like a cute book - and I love the cover :)

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Tales of Whimsy said...

What a sweet teaser. I want to read this now.

Krista said...

Great teaser! I really like this cover as well very pretty!

My teaser is up as well here
http://carmen-krista.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

I adore the cover, the title and the teaser. Mine is here:
http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/footsteps-in-dark-teaser-tuesdays.html

Jennifer TFFQ said...

The teaser is cute. I am like that. I am forever trying to find ways to bring back OLD words into todays conversations. People think I am weird though. LOL
Here is mine...
http://jennifertffq.blogspot.com/2009/09/tuesday-teasers-september-15th-2009.html

Eleni said...

Cute teaser!

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

I looove the cover and I'd sell my kidney to read this! Jealous! :)

Andrea said...

Cute teaser and I love the cover.

Katie said...

Can't wait for this one. It looks so cute!

Sandy said...

I can't wait to start this book! it's sitting in my tbr pile o_o!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Anything with scones in the title has to be good. Teaser 55

BBAW Interview

Anonymous said...

Hehe cute quote :) And I have to agree with Bluestocking's comment....mmmmm scones....
Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

Ali said...

Awesome teaser! Here's mine! http://romanticscholar.blogspot.com/2009/09/teaser-tuesday-4.html

Anonymous said...

I love it! And the cover is FABULOUS!

Brenda said...

This one's going on my TBR list!

Christina said...

It is a lovely cover. Fits in with this blog. ;-)

My teaser

Lisa said...

I like someone who learns from their books! Good teaser.

My teaser is here.

Lisa said...

lol cute!

Here's mine

Cecelia said...

HA! Love it. I too have been known to use words I found in books...usually mispronounced to boot in my youth. Great teaser - the protagonist sounds like she has a really fun personality and voice.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.