Sunday, September 20, 2009

In My Mailbox (September 20)

In my mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. Here are the books I got this week...

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel
Eager to learn everything she can about her new abilities as an Immortal, Ever turns to her beloved Damen to show her the way. But just as her powers are increasing, Damen’s are waning.

In an attempt to save him, Ever travels to the magical dimension of Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen’s tortured past; a past which he has always kept hidden from her. But in her quest to cure Damen, Ever discovers an ancient text that details the workings of time. Now Ever must choose between turning back the past and saving her family from the accident that claimed their lives—or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows sicker every day...



Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley

For Zaria Tourmaline, the three years without her mother and brother have been lonely ones, living with a cold and distant guardian while she completes her education. Just as she is ready to join the world of adult fairies and genies, she finds a spellbook written entirely in her mother’s hand. But this treasured object is not safe from a new enemy, a fairy with more power than Zaria ever dreamed existed. Only among the humans–who must never know fairies and genies exist–can Zaria hide the spellbook; but hidden magic, it turns out, can expose a fairy in ways she never thought possible.

Austenland by Shannon Hale
Jane Hayes is a seemingly normal young New Yorker, but she has a secret. Her obsession with Mr. Darcy, as played by Colin Firth in the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, is ruining her love life: no real man can compare. But when a wealthy relative bequeaths her a trip to an English resort catering to Austen-crazed women, Jane’s fantasies of meeting the perfect Regency-era gentleman suddenly become realer than she ever could have imagined.

Decked out in empire-waist gowns, Jane struggles to master Regency etiquette and flirts with gardeners and gentlemen—or maybe even, she suspects, with the actors who are playing them. It’s all a game, Jane knows. And yet the longer she stays, the more her insecurities seem to fall away, and the more she wonders: Is she about to kick the Austen obsession for good, or could all her dreams actually culminate in a Mr. Darcy of her own?

What did you get?

15 comments:

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

These look good! Have fun and Happy reading!

Tynga said...

Nice books!
I liked Blue Moon I hope you like it to =)

Emi said...

I'm dying to read Violet Wings! I hope you like it!

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

those all look great!

I had a giggle over Austenland as I just watchd the BBC movie last weekend ;)

Lauren said...

I love the sound of Violet Wings. Great week for you!

Sydney Salter said...

I've been wanting to read Austenland--can't wait to see what you think. I'm a big fan of Shannon Hale's YA.

~The Book Pixie said...

I really want to get Blue Moon. I'm supposed to be getting Evermore in the next couple of weeks. Enjoy your books. :D

~Briana

Allison said...

Awesome books this week! I haven't read Evermore yet, but I'm looking forward to it and Blue Moon. Enjoy

GardenofEdee said...

I really want to read Blue Moon!!

Enjoy all these books!!

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. I still have yet to read Blue Moon. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Leslie said...

omg blue moon is amazing! ur gunna love it! enjoy!

Wendi said...

Ohhh - Austenland sounds wonderful. :) I'll have to go find that one!

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Tales of Whimsy said...

Austenland is suppose to rock :)

Krista said...

WOW! I want, I want, I want.....LOL! Awesome books here, happy reading!

Cecelia said...

Violet Wings, jealous! :-) Enjoy. I really liked Austenland, and I hope you do too. I think Shannon Hale writes beautifully, and I devoured that one a couple of years ago. Fun stuff. Happy reading!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.