Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (July 25)



Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

WARNING: The synopsis does contain spoilers to book one!

Ashen Winter (Ashfall 2) by Mike Mullin

It’s been over six months since the eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano. Alex and Darla have been staying with Alex’s relatives, trying to cope with the new reality of the primitive world so vividly portrayed in Ashfall, the first book in this series. It’s also been six months of waiting for Alex’s parents to return from Iowa. Alex and Darla decide they can wait no longer and must retrace their journey into Iowa to find and bring back Alex’s parents to the tenuous safety of Illinois. But the landscape they cross is even more perilous than before, with life-and-death battles for food and power between the remaining communities. When the unthinkable happens, Alex must find new reserves of strength and determination to survive.

Published by Tanglewood Press
Release Date: October 16, 2012

8 comments:

mk said...

I haven't read Ashafall yet but it's not because I don't want to. I really like the way both books sound and I'd love to get my hands on either one. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read Ashfall before this one comes out! Great pick.
Check out my WOW.

Nina @ Death, Books, and Tea said...

I've not read the first one to these...but the series looks really good. I hope you enjoy it!

Book Sake said...

This one has been sitting here and waiting on me to get to it - it's killing me because the first one was so good!

Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

Tales of Whimsy said...

This sounds soooooooooooo good.

Tiffany Drew said...

Ashfall was one of my favorite books of last year, truly amazing. I am quite desperate to get my hands on this next one too!

My WoW

Nickle said...

Hmmm.. I should check out this series. Sounds amazing. :)

My WoW pick

Brodie said...

*reads spoiler warning* But... but.... the cover looks cool and it's just begging me to read the synopsis! Should I peek? Should I not? OKAY, I won't, but I SO need to get my hands on Ashfall soon! I've heard some amazing things about it!

Krystianna said...

I've heard awesome reviews for this series. I should really start it!

Great choice for WoW. Thanks for sharing! :)

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.