Sunday, July 8, 2012

In My Mailbox (July 8)

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren. Here's what I got this week: 

From the library: 

Ashfall by Mike Mullin

Under the bubbling hot springs and geysers of Yellowstone National Park is a supervolcano. Most people don't know it's there. The caldera is so large that it can only be seen from a plane or satellite. It just could be overdue for an eruption, which would change the landscape and climate of our planet.
Ashfall is the story of Alex, a teenage boy left alone for the weekend while his parents visit relatives. When the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts unexpectedly, Alex is determined to reach his parents. He must travel over a hundred miles in a landscape transformed by a foot of ash and the destruction of every modern convenience that he has ever known, and through a new world in which disaster has brought out both the best and worst in people desperate for food, water, and warmth. With a combination of nonstop action, a little romance, and very real science, this is a story that is difficult to stop reading and even more difficult to forget. (From Goodreads) 
What did you get this week?

4 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Great week! So cool that you got Ashfall. I really want to read it.
My Bookish Recap

Eden said...

Oh, I've been looking into Ashfall! Hope you like it -- I need to know whether or not to add it to my monstrous TBR pile. :P

Here's my IMM :)

Aishah Waheed said...

Omg...looks brilliant...hope you enjoy it.

Visit my IMM as well!

New Follower!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I've always loved this cover.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.