Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (July 11)



Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielin

One summer chasing tornadoes could finally change Jane's life for the betterSeventeen-year-old Jane McAllister can't quite admit her mother's alcoholism is spiraling dangerously out of control until she drives drunk, nearly killing them and Jane's best friend.

Jane has only one place to turn: her older brother Ethan, who left the problems at home years ago for college. A summer with him and his tornado-chasing buddies may just provide the time and space Jane needs to figure out her life and whether it still includes her mother. But she struggles with her anger at Ethan for leaving home and feels guilty--is she also abandoning her mom just when she needs Jane most? The carefree trip turned journey of self-discovery quickly becomes more than Jane bargained for, especially when the devilishly handsome Max steps into the picture. (From Goodreads)


Published by Putnam Juvenile
Release Date: August 7, 2012

10 comments:

Jeff Rivera said...

Sounds like a fabulous story. I think I am going to stayed up the whole evening just reading this A must read book. Great post.

Tanya Patrice said...

Ooh interesting. I don't think I've ever read a book featuring tornado chasers before.

The Book Rogue said...

this cover looks... curious. the story doesn't sound half bad, either. Hope you'll enjoy it when it gets out.
Thanks for sharing, and for stepping by. Happy reading!

Maria said...

This sounds really interesting and I like the cover

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Gorgeous cover! I haven't seen this one before, but it looks totally promising. I'll keep an eye out.

JC Jones said...

Sound really good. Thanks for visiting.

A Beautiful Madness said...

I'm really curious to read this one. Sounds interesting. Great pick!
Em
My WOW

Little Miss Becky said...

Tornado chasers! Cool! :D This sounds great---definitely one I'm looking forward to.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love this cover. How cool. I wish I could save lots of things in jars.

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

This one does sound good, although I live in Oklahoma and I don't have a fondness for tornadoes, so I'm kind of torn. ;) But I do know some tornado chasers! Great pick, and thanks so much for stopping by my WoW this week. (And I'm sorry I'm just now responding!) Have a great weekend!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.