Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (July 18)



Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Stormdancer (The Lotus War Book 1) by Jay Kristoff

A DYING LAND 
The Shima Imperium verges on the brink of environmental collapse; an island nation once rich in tradition and myth, now decimated by clockwork industrialization and the machine-worshipers of the Lotus Guild. The skies are red as blood, the land is choked with toxic pollution, and the great spirit animals that once roamed its wilds have departed forever. 

AN IMPOSSIBLE QUEST 
The hunters of Shima's imperial court are charged by their Shōgun to capture a thunder tiger – a legendary creature, half-eagle, half-tiger. But any fool knows the beasts have been extinct for more than a century, and the price of failing the Shōgun is death. 

A HIDDEN GIFT 
Yukiko is a child of the Fox clan, possessed of a talent that if discovered, would see her executed by the Lotus Guild. Accompanying her father on the Shōgun’s hunt, she finds herself stranded: a young woman alone in Shima’s last wilderness, with only a furious, crippled thunder tiger for company. Even though she can hear his thoughts, even though she saved his life, all she knows for certain is he’d rather see her dead than help her. 

But together, the pair will form an indomitable friendship, and rise to challenge the might of an empire. (From Goodreads)


Published by Thomas Dunne Books
Release Date: September 18, 2012

13 comments:

The Young Adventuress said...

I havent gotten read too much steampunk (yet!) but this sounds cool.

Check out my Waiting on Wednesday

KTJ said...

I'm dying to read this! It sounds so amazing! Great choice!

-Kate
Check out my WoW: Nomalicious Reads

Lisa Nguyen said...

I can't wait to read this book! I was really excited to get an eARC from NetGalley. Great pick!

Waiting on Wednesday

Lisa @ Shatterbooks

mk said...

Great pick this week but I'm not sure if it's for me.
Check out my WOW.

Book Sake said...

I want to read this one too -it sounds great!

Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oh me too!

The Book Rogue said...

This cover is apeshit amazing, even for a girl-with-katana cover (which I love in general)! I strolled across it before and put it onto my tbr right away. Nice pick!
My WoW

Tammy Sparks said...

This is on my list as well. Plus I love Jay's website.

Here's my WOW.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

I really like the coloring ^^

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-16-lilith.html

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» said...

The book looks very interesting, not something I would read....but this has got my interest! So, thank you for sharing! :D

Here's My WoW post! 

Btw....I am a new follower! :D

Ashley said...

GREAT choice! I literally just got this on Netgalley like two days ago! I can't wait to read it!! I think it sounds amazing and I hope it's as good as it sounds.

My WoW - Mind Games

brandileigh2003 said...

beautiful cover! Hope you get to read it soon.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Krystianna said...

This book sounds quite good! Great choice for WoW. Thanks for sharing :)

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.