Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (July 22)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews! It's a way to highlight the books that everyone got throughout the week.

After my shameful book splurge last week I did really well. I received one book for review, and I can't wait to get started!

Stormdancer (The Lotus War Book 1)

A DYING LAND 
The Shima Imperium verges on the brink of environmental collapse; an island nation once rich in tradition and myth, now decimated by clockwork industrialization and the machine-worshipers of the Lotus Guild. The skies are red as blood, the land is choked with toxic pollution, and the great spirit animals that once roamed its wilds have departed forever. 

AN IMPOSSIBLE QUEST 
The hunters of Shima's imperial court are charged by their Shōgun to capture a thunder tiger – a legendary creature, half-eagle, half-tiger. But any fool knows the beasts have been extinct for more than a century, and the price of failing the Shōgun is death. 

A HIDDEN GIFT 
Yukiko is a child of the Fox clan, possessed of a talent that if discovered, would see her executed by the Lotus Guild. Accompanying her father on the Shōgun’s hunt, she finds herself stranded: a young woman alone in Shima’s last wilderness, with only a furious, crippled thunder tiger for company. Even though she can hear his thoughts, even though she saved his life, all she knows for certain is he’d rather see her dead than help her. 

But together, the pair will form an indomitable friendship, and rise to challenge the might of an empire. (From Goodreads)


Published by Thomas Dunne Books
Release Date: September 18, 2012

*Happy dance! 
Note: It's possible that Jay Kristoff might be Dave Ghohl's twin. I had to do a double-take when looking at his author photo. 
Note 2: His blog is hilarious. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stormdancer <3 I so can't wait to get my hands on this I hope it's awesome. Happy Reading.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ooooooooooo I'm jealous. I love this cover. It looks so bad a$$.

Grace Fonseca said...

A lot of people are getting this book lately. Great haul.

Grace

Book Sake said...

Can't wait to read Stormdancer as well!

Our Media Mail post is at Book Sake. –Jessica

Alison Can Read said...

Great week! Yay for Stormdancer. I can't wait to read it.
My Bookish Recap

Brodie said...

STORMDANCER!!!

Hahaha I've seen his comments on looking like Dave Ghol too. His blog ROCKS. AND SO DOES THE BOOK! I can't wait to see what you think of it. Three words: YUKIKO AND BURUU <333333

Enjoy!

Giselle said...

This sounds SO good! It's been getting a lot of hype too I hope it lives up!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.