Sunday, July 1, 2012

In My Mailbox (July 1)

Happy July! I only got one book this week, although I shouldn't have gotten one anyway (I'm on a self-imposed book buying ban). 

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren...

Ripple by Mandy Hubbard

Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. The water calls to her, draws her in, forces her to sing her deadly song to unsuspecting victims. If she succumbs, she kills. If she doesn't, the pain is unbearable. To keep herself and those she cares about safe, she shuts herself off, refusing to make friends or fall in love-again. Because the last time she fell in love with a boy, he ended up dead.
Then Lexi finds herself torn. Against her better judgement, she's opening up again, falling in love with someone new when she knows she shouldn't. But when she's offered the chance to finally live a normal life, she learns that the price she must pay to be free of her curse is giving him up.

3 comments:

Little Miss Becky said...

This one sounds really good! I've seen it around before but never really hear much about it. I hope you enjoy it! :D

Library Gal @Lost in the Library said...

Book Buying Bans are so hard to stick to, I try....I really try:) I enjoyed Ripple, hope you do too!

Erica said...

Ripple looks SO good. I really need to pick this one up!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.