Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (July 29)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews! It's a way to highlight the books that everyone got throughout the week.
Received for Review: 


Whispers in Autumn by Trisha Leigh

In 2015, a race of alien Others conquered Earth. They enslaved humanity not by force, but through an aggressive mind control that turned people into contented, unquestioning robots. 

Except sixteen-year-old Althea isn’t content at all, and she doesn’t need the mysterious note inside her locket to tell her she’s Something Else. It also warns her to trust no one, so she hides the pieces that make her different, even though it means being alone. 

The autumn she meets Lucas, everything changes. 

Althea and Lucas are immune to the alien mind control, and together they search for the reason why. What they uncover is a stunning truth the Others never anticipated, one with the potential to free the brainwashed human race. 

It’s not who they are that makes them special, but what.

And what they are is a threat. One the Others are determined to eliminate for good. (From Goodreads)


I also wrote a post for the Love My Indie feature hosted by Joli at Actin' Up With Books! You can check that out here

9 comments:

Bleuette said...

Whispers in Autumn sound like a pretty good dystopian, hope you enjoy it! Happy reading! :)

Melliane said...

I didn't know this book but I really like the cover. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Not a fan of this book's cover, it doesn't grab me. But it sounds amazing, so I want to read it.

New follower :)

My Haul

Nina said...

Looks great! I hope it delivers. :) Happy reading.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Alien mind control? Count me in! :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

I can't wait for your review.

mariska said...

This book sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it :D

Happy reading and thanks for your comment on my blog :D

Krystianna said...

This one sounds good! I recently heard of this one on another blog as well and I can't wait to read it.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Lauren B said...

I agree Better World Books is fantastic! I particularly love the free shipping
Thanks for stopping by.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.