Saturday, August 29, 2009

In My Mailbox (August 30)

I got a bunch of textbooks this week, but I won't bore you with those. The only other book I got was the following (for the Everything Austen Challenge)

The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love by Rosie Rushton

The Walker sisters have always lived a privileged life in their beloved Holly House in Sussex. Even though their father, Max Walker, has left the family to live with his new macrobiotic-food-obsessed trophy wife, Pandora, he has always doted on his girls. But then one day, reality crashes down around them when Max has a heart attack and passes away, uncovering the truth that he was knee deep in debt. The Walkers discover that their home is actually in Pandora's name and she decides she wants it back. So the family has to uproot their lives and move to the seaside town of Norfolk in an old cottage. What happens then?

I'm not a huge fan of the cover, but the premise sounds very Austen-like. So, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

What did you get this week?

18 comments:

Kelsey said...

I got this book from my library sale a week or two ago, it looks really cute(:

Sydney Salter said...

I agree with you about the cover, but the story sounds great. Hope you enjoy it!

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

The cover looks kind of cute at first glance, but I do like the sound of this book! Adding it to my TBR list!

ps: Love your blog - I'm a follower from now on! :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

O I want to move to a seaside cottage :)

Nancy said...

OH! I have never heard of this book, but it sound like delicious fun. Enjoy your read :)

btw I see that your read OH!MY!GODS! I loved that book

AnAddictedBookReader said...

This sounds good. Also, I gave you for an award at my blog here: http://anaddictedbookreader.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-first-award.html!

chocowafer said...

Looks good. :) I'm also an Everything Austen Challenge participant but I still haven't been able to do much reading for it. Hope you enjoy your book! :)

Anonymous said...

Your Austen book looks fun. It's the first Austen spin off type I've seen in forever that doesn't have zombies, sea monsters, or vampires!

The Book Girl said...

Sounds great! Happy reading :-).

Liyana said...

Sounds good. Happy reading!

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

Sounds interesting! Enjoy!
My In My Mailbox is up Here

La Coccinelle said...

Sounds like a modern-day version of Sense and Sensibility!

vvb32 reads said...

i read this for my everything austen too. sweet one.

Krista said...

Yeah, not really a fan of the cover either but it does sound like it could be good. Look forward to your review.

The Obsessive Reader said...

I remember getting this from the library like a year ago and its a good read. Not the best book ever but still a good book to read.

Lexie said...

I heard about this, but for the life of me I can't remember where! I hope you enjoy it! (and yeah the cover isn't doing much for me either)

Andrea said...

I read it back when it came out. It was cute.

Anonymous said...

I've seen this book so many times at Chapters but I never got it because I didn't know if it was a part of a series. Enjoy!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.