Sunday, August 16, 2009

In My Mailbox (August 16)

In my mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. Here are the books I got this week...

I ended up buying a few used books this week, and they were so inexpensive it was worth it.

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
Kate Brown's life has gone downhill fast. Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and now she acts like Kate's invisible.

And then there's Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, whom Kate acts like she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him. When Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him when she's sure she's just his latest conquest.

Kate figures that the only way things will ever stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't realize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen — but only if she lets them....


Cindy Ella by Robin Palmer
Prom fever has infected LA—especially Cindy's two annoying stepsisters, and her overly Botoxed stepmother. Cindy seems to be the only one immune to it all. But her anti-prom letter in the school newspaper does more to turn Cindy into Queen of the Freaks than close the gap between the popular kids and the rest of the students. Everyone thinks she's committed social suicide, except for her two best friends, the yoga goddess India and John Hughes—worshipping Malcolm, and shockingly, the most popular senior at Castle Heights High and Cindy's crush, Adam Silver. Suddenly Cindy starts to think that maybe her social life could have a happily ever after. But there's still the rest of the school to deal with. With a little bit of help from an unexpected source and a fabulous pair of heels, Cindy realizes that she still has a chance at a happily ever after.


North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
As he continued to stare, I wanted to point to my cheek and remind him, But you were the one who wanted this, remember? You're the one who asked-and I repeat-Why not fix your face?

It's hard not to notice Terra Cooper.

She's tall, blond, and has an enviable body. But with one turn of her cheek, all people notice is her unmistakably "flawed" face. Terra secretly plans to leave her stifling small town in the Northwest and escape to an East Coast college, but gets pushed off-course by her controlling father. When an unexpected collision puts Terra directly in Jacob's path, the handsome but quirky Goth boy immediately challenges her assumptions about herself and her life, and she is forced in yet another direction. With her carefully laid plans disrupted, will Terra be able to find her true path?

22 comments:

Sab H. said...

I want to read Perfect You!
Did you see my post about the North of Beautiful cover? I noticed its the same picture as the Evermore cover! Nice week!

the story siren said...

great books this week! love North of Beautiful! hope you enjoy, happy reading!

Allison said...

I loved Perfect You! Enjoy :)

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Wow, such great & gorgeous books! I especially like the sound of Perfect You and North of Beautiful!

Unknown said...

All the books sound good. Hope you have fun reading them all! :)

asdfjkl; said...

I want to read all of those! You'll love North of Beautiful ;) Happy Readings! :D

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

I luv everything by Elizabeth Scott.

come pick up ur award here

Briana said...

They all sound great! :)

-Briana

Windowpane Memoirs said...

I want to read Cindy Ella. Happy Reading!

Peace
Michelle

Lilixtreme said...

Nice books this week, Lizzy! I promise to ship The Kindling of GreenFyr to you as soon as possible, sorry I'm so lazy lol (trying to find a cure!)

Katie said...

Oooh "Perfect You" sounds so good. I'll have to add it to my list. And I love fairy tale re-tellings, so I'll have to add "Cindy Ella" there too, ha.

Happy reading!

Lizzy said...

Lili,

If there was a cure for laziness...I'd be too lazy to take it. No rush!

a flight of minds said...

All of those books are really good! North of Beautiful is amazing and Perfect You is one of my favourites by Elizabeth Scott. Happy reading!

- Alex

Melanie said...

North of Beautiful is a great book! I really want to read Perfect You. Elizabeth Scott is a cool writer. Enjoy!

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week, I haven't read any of them but they all sound really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

ReggieWrites said...

Lucky you! Bargain books are always a plus!

Enjoy!

Kelsey said...

I want to read all those books. Great buys (:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Can't wait for the reviews :)

Mandy said...

Looks like a fun week of reading! ( you have a beautiful blog!)

Amy said...

Perfect You is quite literally one of the best books in the world! I can;t believe you havn't read it yet...
-amy

Alexia561 said...

Nice selection this week! And they're all so pretty as well. Cindy Ella especially looks like fun! Enjoy!

Aimee said...

"Perfect You" looks really great! I haven't read anything by Elizabeth Scott, but I hear wonderful things.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.