Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (August 1)

Happy August!



Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Erasing Time by C.J. Hill

In this high-action and romantic futuristic adventure, there is no escape from the future for two contemporary girls pulled out of their own time.

When twins Sheridan and Taylor wake up 400 years in the future, they find a changed world: domed cities, no animals, and a language that’s so different, it barely sounds like English. And the worst news: They can’t go back home.

The twenty-fifth-century government transported the girls to their city hoping to find a famous scientist to help perfect a devastating new weapon. The moblike Dakine fights against the government, and somehow Taylor and Sheridan find themselves in the middle. The only way to elude them all is to trust Echo, a guy with secrets of his own. The trio must put their faith in the unknown to make a harrowing escape into the wilds beyond the city.

Full of adrenaline-injected chases and heartbreaking confessions, Erasing Time explores the strength of the bonds between twins, the risks and rewards of trust, and the hard road to finding the courage to fight for what you believe in. (From Goodreads)

Published by Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: August 28, 2012

Hold the Pony Express...am I the only person that didn't know C.J. Hill is a pseudonym for Janette Rallison? What?! I'm definitely picking this one up. 

10 comments:

Obsession with Books said...

This book sounds really intriguing!! thank-you for sharing.

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1st-august.html

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing. Full of action and suspense and futurisms, I love the cover to it as well. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

My WOW

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds soooo frightening...and surreal.

Here's MY WOW POST

Krystianna said...

Great pick! This one sounds really good. I'm definitely looking forward to reading it. :) Plus, I really like the cover!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Whoa. Awesomesauce!

mk said...

I'm ready to read it just after finding out it's about event in the future. I'm like a junkie when it comes to future and I would love to read this book when it comes out. Great pick! I'm adding it on my to-read list!!!
My WOW

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

Fabulous choice! I am really looking forward to this one too. I adore the cover and the blurb seems super interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Following! Feel free to visit my blog.
SeeitORreadit


Tammy Sparks said...

Wow, this sounds so good. I love that the main characters are twins, this is going on my list!

Here's my WOW.

Brodie said...

I did read a few months ago that C.J Hill and Janette Rallison were the same person (when I was stalking for details on this book because it only had a cover, no synopsis) but shamefully, I haven't read any of Janette's books! I am SUPER excited for this one, it's MY kind of book, but I'm also really interested in checking out her other reads too. CAN'T WAIT.

Rachel Cotterill said...

That does sound really fun :)

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.