Saturday, August 18, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (August 18)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews! It's a way to highlight the books that everyone got throughout the week.

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu


In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy. (From Goodreads)



The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielin

One summer chasing tornadoes could finally change Jane's life for the better

Seventeen-year-old Jane McAllister can't quite admit her mother's alcoholism is spiraling dangerously out of control until she drives drunk, nearly killing them and Jane's best friend.

Jane has only one place to turn: her older brother Ethan, who left the problems at home years ago for college. A summer with him and his tornado-chasing buddies may just provide the time and space Jane needs to figure out her life and whether it still includes her mother. But she struggles with her anger at Ethan for leaving home and feels guilty--is she also abandoning her mom just when she needs Jane most? The carefree trip turned journey of self-discovery quickly becomes more than Jane bargained for, especially when the devilishly handsome Max steps into the picture. (From Goodreads)



8 comments:

Krystianna said...

I'm so excited to read Glitch. Even though there have been mixed reviews, I'm looking forward to seeing what I think of it. :)

Ashley said...

I'm totally jealous that you got Glitched! I've been wanting to read it for a while! I hope you love it. :)

My Stacking the Shelves

Tales of Whimsy said...

FAB!
Im obsessed with that mason jar. I can't look away.

Elle said...

I recently added The waiting Sky to by TBR. I hope it's good.
Great haul! :)
Here's what I got this week

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» said...

I can't wait to get my hands on these two! Especially The Waiting Sky...seems like a really cute contemporary! My kind of book! *wink* LOL ;p Hope you enjoy the books! :D

My StS post! 

~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

Unknown said...

Hey I just discovered your blog thanks to Staking the shelves meme and I'm a new follower :).
I haven't read any of these books but I love the cover of The Waiting Sky and this book sounds really good. I just added it to my goodread whishlist :).
Happy reading from France !

And if you are interested I'm doing an international giveaway on my blog to celebrate my 2 year blogoversary :).

Jac (Two Moms Reading) said...

The waiting Sky looks so good!!! And Glitch is really high on my list too!! Happy Reading :)

Come see what's new on My Shelves this week!

Anonymous said...

The Waiting Sky looks really good. I hope you like it.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.