Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (August 29)





Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.


Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield


Shipwrecked on an island seven years ago, Lucy has been warned she must never sing, or disaster will strike. But on All Hallows Eve, Lucy hears tantalizing music in the air. When she sings it, she unlocks a terrible secret: She is a Chantress, a spell-singer, brought to the island not by shipwreck but by a desperate enchantment gone wrong.

Her song lands her back in England — and in mortal peril, for the kingdom lies in the cruel grasp of a powerful Lord Protector and his mind-reading hunters, the Shadowgrims. The Protector has killed all Chantresses, for they alone can destroy the Shadowgrims. Only Lucy has survived.

In terrible danger, Lucy takes shelter with Nat, a spy who turns her heart upside-down. Nat has been working with his fellow scholars of the Invisible College to overthrow the Lord Protector, and they have long hoped to find a living Chantress to help them. But Lucy is completely untrained, and Nat deeply distrusts her magic. If Lucy cannot master the songspells, how long can she even stay alive? (From Goodreads)


Published by Simon & Schuster

Release Date: May 7, 2013 (noooooooooo that's almost an entire year).

11 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I just heard about this one today. It does look good.

Dazzling Mage said...

Ooh, I've seen the cover around, and I have to say, the synopsis is intriguing!

Great WoW pick!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one looks very exciting! Thanks for sharing....

Here's MY WOW POST

Blook Girl said...

Ooh, GREAT pick! I almost chose this one myself for this week :-) It does sound delightful and I love the cover, too. 2013 is going to be another amazing year for YA literature!

Thanks for stopping by BlookGirl earlier <3

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» said...

I can't wait to read this one! It sounds sooo good! And the cover is Gorgeous! Great pick! :D

My WoW post! 


~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

Jen said...

Interesting -- I'm trying to read more fantasy!
Thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!

Unknown said...

This has been added to my TBR pile after seeing it today. It looks great.
http://lsmurphy.com/2012/08/29/waiting-on-wednesday/

Elle said...

Great pick! Haven't heard of it before, but it sounds very interesting! :)
My WoW!

Traci @ The Reading Geek said...

Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet but it sounds good. Will definitely be adding this to my list. Love the cover too.

Thanks for visiting my post!
Traci @ The Reading Geek

Little Miss Becky said...

Yay, twin picks LOL. I couldn't help choosing this one for my WoW this week, too---that gorgeous cover just draws me in!

A Canadian Girl said...

I heard about this one recently and wanted it right away too :) The cover is so pretty.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.