Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (April 6)

Waiting on Wednesday wasstarted by Jill at Breaking the Spine This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer by Maureen McGowan

In this thrilling story full of adventure and romance, Sleeping Beauty is more than just a lonely princess waiting for her prince—she's a brave, tenacious girl who never backs down from a challenge. With vampire-slaying talents that she practices in secret, Sleeping Beauty puts her courage to the test in the dark of night, fighting evil as she searches for a way to break the spell that has cut her off from her family. In a special twist, readers have the opportunity to make key decisions for Sleeping Beauty and decide where she goes next—but no matter the choice; the result is a story unlike any fairy tale you've ever read! Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer is an entirely new type of fairy tale–one that will keep today's kids guessing and offer them hours of magical fun. Published by Silver Dolphin Books Release Date: April 1, 2011 So, I just found out about this series, so I'm posting about it even though it's already been released. I've seen reviews for both books in the series popping up, and they seem like fun. What are you waiting on?

14 comments:

Liz said...

Definitely looks like an interesting take on a classic!

That's What Liz Read

Chel said...

We will finally get to see Sleeping Beauty do some action! And ditch sleep. :))

Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

Belinda said...

I love how they're "revamping" beloved classics LOL Hope you enjoy reading it!
You can find my WOW here - The Bookish Snob

Anonymous said...

I got this one through NetGalley, but haven't read it yet. I need to make some time to read it!

Don't Sleep, Read said...

Oooh! I like the looks of this one!

My pick.

Jan von Harz said...

Interesting take on the fairy tale. Have to check it out. Great pick!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....another "classic character", vampire slayer. I'm game. LOL

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

This was a really cute read! I read the galley for it a couple weeks ago! :)

Jenny N. said...

I've read the the other book by the same author about Cinderella and hoping this one will be just as fun.

Arianna said...

So it's like a "choose your own adventure book?" I loved those!

Anonymous said...

A different take on classic tale.

Stop and see mine and my giveaways.

Lori said...

I have seen this before. I am not a fan of mash ups, but this looks interesting. I hope that when you get your book, it is everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for. Happy Reading.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Great pick with such a cool cover.

Unknown said...

This book sounds amazing and the cover is gorgeous! Great pick :)

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.