Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (April 13)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume."
—Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

The most tragic love story in history . . .

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love. (From Goodreads)

Published by
Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Release Date: September 13, 2011


20 comments:

Bookish Brunette said...

I can't wait for this one either!!!

New follower!

Check out my WoW post: http://bookish-brunette.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

Anonymous said...

I seriously cannot wait for this one either. Great pick! I have an obsession with Romeo & Juliet.

Melissa @ SheShines

Jennifer A said...

Yes, this one sounds so awesome. I can't wait for it either!

What a beautiful and emotional cover too.

Jennifer of Little Shelf

Jan von Harz said...

I am quite excited about this one too. Very good pick!

Kai Agito said...

When I first found out about this from Stacey's website I was so happy! I've read her other book, The Locket and she's an amazing writer. Plus I'm a sucker for any book based on Romeo and Juliet and this re-telling sounds so awesome. Great pick!

Here are my Waiting on Wednesday picks

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love this cover.

Christina T said...

I like the sound of this. I was never a fan of Romeo :)

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

This was my WoW last week! I really, really, really want to read this book already!!! It sounds SO great!

joyh82 said...

Great pick, neat spin on Romeo and Juliet. Have a great week reading!
Joy at Books and Life

A Beautiful Madness said...

It sounds soooo good. I definitely have to check it out when it comes out. Love Romeo and Juliet

Kt Clapsadl said...

I'm waiting for this one too, it sounds fabulous! Here is my Wow pick for this week. Make sure to check out my giveaway of The Restorer while you are there :)

Anonymous said...

This is a wow! choice and a beautiful cover.

Stacy said...

Sounds interesting! New follower!

Julie said...

I'm looking forward to this one, too! I'm usually not a big fan of retellings, but I'll definitely try this one. I lovely cover, as well!

Ann Summerville said...

Amazing cover.
Ann

Katie said...

oh the cover....don't you just wish your just wish you were her??

Christina said...

this one is on my to-reads list as well :). The cover is gorgeous, love the premise--(agents of light? "Lovers" battle to the end? A Shakespeare retelling that isn't Midsummer Night's Dream with faeries? Check, check, check!). Also, I saw that you are reading The Everafter right now, and that too sounds awesome :). Great choice!

Anonymous said...

I like this story of Romeo and Juliet, is diferent want to read it.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully different variation on the Romeo and Juliet story. Will have to look for this one.

librarypat AT comcast DOT net

Devony said...

What????? I hate Romeon and Juliet because they are such idiots, but this one sounds like it could have some guts to it! Maybe a little redemption for the stupid kids in the original? thanks for adding this one!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.