Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (April 21)

This was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Waiting on Wednesday shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.


I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan


Seventeen-year-old Bronwen Oliver doesn't just want a family. She has one of those, and there's nothing terribly wrong with them apart from bickering grandparents, an image-obsessed mother and a brother she describes simply as Jesus. But there's no natural sense of connection between Bronwen and her family, leaving her with the belief -- and the hope -- that she was switched at birth, that she was never supposed to be Bronwen Oliver but someone else entirely.

When she begins dating college senior Jared Sondervan, she finds herself thoroughly embraced by the loving family she has always wanted and does not hesitate to say yes when Jared proposes on her 18th birhday. Plans for the Perfect Beach Wedding before her junior year of college become plans for the Perfect Beach Wedding before her freshman year of college. And a wedding so soon isn't exactly what Bronwen wants. But Jared is. And his family is. Or so she thinks.

Before Bronwen can determine what she truly wants, she must first determine who she truly is, and the answer, she discovers, is only partially what she thought it was. She wasn't switched at birth, but she's also not Bronwen Oliver and hasn't been for a very long time. (From Goodreads)

Published by Arthur A. Levine Books
Release Date: June 1, 2010

7 comments:

Jill said...

I love the cover on this one...sounds like a fun read!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Sounds really interesting! i hadn't heard of it before!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Deep! ;)

Fun cover.

Here is my WOW :)

Alayne said...

Great pick, looks like a good coming-of-age story. My WOW and review of Day For Night by Frederick Reiken are up at The Crowded Leaf.

Christina T said...

This sounds really good. I'm looking forward to it as well. I really hope she doesn't go through with the wedding.

Kris (Voracious YAppetite) said...

This one looks really good! Many people feel like they don't belong with their family and so try to find their ideal family through marriage. There also seems to be a bit of a mystery with Bronwen's true identity. Nice pick!

Sara said...

I'm looking forward to this one as well! It reminds me of my best friend, who got married over the summer at the age of 19! I was her maid of honor, which was so weird - since I've been with my boyfriend only a year less than she had been with hers and we are no where close to getting married. I'm intersted to see what Bronwen ends up doing... and how it all works out!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.