Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (April 14)

This was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Waiting on Wednesday shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Changeless by Gail Carriger

Alexia Tarabotti, now Lady Maccon, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears -- leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria.

But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. Even when her investigations take her into the backwaters of ugly waistcoats, Scotland, she is prepared: upending werewolf pack dynamics as only a soulless can.

She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it.

Published by Orbit
ALREADY RELEASED!

Ok, so I cheated a bit this week. This one came out March 30th. I just wanted a chance to highlight it, because I enjoyed the first book so much.

7 comments:

Monster of Books said...

This is the sequel to souless right? I haven't read the first one, but I've heard many positive things about it. Great pick XD

Christina T said...

I just got Soulless from the library and I only meant to read a few pages since I'm already in the middle of something else and I found it really hard to put down. This one looks great. Glad it's already released. I can't wait to read both.

Here is my WoW pick

Jan von Harz said...

From other comment I guess this is the second in a series. I like the summary and will have to check this out. Thanks for putting this on the radar.

Tales of Whimsy said...

These covers are such fun!

Lale said...

I *loved* Soulless, too! It made me laugh every five minutes... and 'Changeless' is in my Amazon cart. ;) Plus, what I really liked was that when I wrote to her to say I enjoyed the book, Gail Carriger was really lovely in her reply. It made a great impression! :)

Alayne said...

Definitely a good pick. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Nina said...

I have read the first one too and adored it. Now I am waiting for this one to come to Holland so I can read it. I just am in love with those awesome covers.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.