Friday, April 16, 2010

Book Review: Runaway (Airhead 3) by Meg Cabot

Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself.

With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope. . .what's the point of even going on?

But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to.

Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved--since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed--this time, permanently?

Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running.

Part of Around the World Tours - Review is based on ARC edition, and is subject to change

Runaway is the final book in the Airhead series, and it wrapped everything up nicely. At the end of the previous book, Being Nikki, we find out that it wasn't a coincidence that Nikki was struck down at the Stark Megastore all those months ago. We're also now aware that Mr. Stark, CEO of Stark, is hiding a huge secret. Em is forced to work together with her ex, Brandon, in an attempt to take Stark down, and to keep everyone she cares about safe.

The action starts back up the moment Runaway begins. Em is on a "secret love getaway" (more like a hostage situation), as she and Brandon try to figure out what secrets Nikki knew about Stark. As with the previous two books in the series, Cabot mixes some humor, and romance in with the action. I also really noticed the changes that Em had made over the course of the three books. She was still as smart as she had been in the first book, but she was definitely more sure of herself. She's gone from an outcast, to someone with caring friends (the fabulous Lulu, Stephen, Gabriel Luna, etc).

I adore Meg Cabot, and while the first two books in the series weren't my favorite of her books, I was pleasantly surprised at how this book wrapped the story up. What I love most about Cabot's books is her ability to add humor to her stories, and her likable characters. Plus, she has a hilarious blog. I know, I found like a fangirl...but it's true! So, even though there are some tense parts in Runaway, I laughed quite a bit. I do wish that the ending had been drawn out a little bit more, but that was my only complaint.

Runaway
By Meg Cabot
Published by Scholastic
Release Date: April 20, 2010
352 Pages
Rating: B+

Check out Meg Cabot's Blog

4 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Awesome review! :) I need to try Meg.

Andrea said...

This series has been really great so far. I'm excited to read this one now.

Monster of Books said...

I really have been craving to read this series, but so unsure. I love the book trailer of it. Nice review!!

Morgan said...

I should really read the airhead series by Meg Cabot because I've heard great things about it. And i love the cover.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.