Sunday, February 21, 2010

In My Mailbox (February 21)

In my mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. Here are the books I got this week...

This week has been pretty crazy, hence the reason I didn't put up any posts during the latter half of the week. This week I'll definitely be posting, since I don't have any interviews to stress out over.

I'm actually really proud of myself for resisting the temptation of buying books! I haven't purchased any in a few weeks, so my TBR pile is getting smaller (which is good, since it originally covered up my entire desk).

This week I'm reading:
Soulless by Gail Carriger
Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette.

Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire -- and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate.

With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear great things about this book but I haven't read it myself. Enjoy!

Tales of Whimsy said...

O good one :)

Christina T said...

This looks like an interesting book and I like that it is paranormal historical fiction! I hope you enjoy it.

Christina / Book Addict said...

I haven't read this book either- it looks good though! I hope you enjoy it!

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

This sounds really interesting. I love the mix of paranormal and historical. Hope you enjoy it :)

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

I;ve seen reviews on this one and they are great!!! In fact, the genre is somewhat new to me and I have been eager to sample books in the genre!! Enjoy!!

http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-7.html

Sarah said...

I'll be interested to hear what you think of this one. I've been thinking about picking it up for a while now so I hope you enjoy it :o)

I really need to put myself on a book buying ban - I have such a large TBR pile that it seems like I'll never get through them all LOL

Monster of Books said...

I love the cover of this book. Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.