Friday, February 12, 2010

In My Mailbox (February 14)

In my mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. Here are the books I got this week...

This week was pretty quiet, too. I'm still working my way through the books I received for Christmas. Here's what I'm currently reading:

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

11 comments:

Monster of Books said...

Beautiful Creatures is awesome :) Hope your enjoying it , Happy Reading!!

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

I really want to read this one!!!=) Enjoy!!


http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-6.html

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful Creatures was my favorite book in 2009. I thought it was great! I hope you enjoy it as much. Happy reading!

Esme said...

I never heard of this -enjoy.

Little Miss Becky :) said...

I love Beautiful Creatures, I hope you enjoy it too!

Alayne said...

I've heard good things about this one. Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Justine said...

:O Beautiful Creatures! I've read it and it was really great. If you love historical things, you'll love it even more. Enjoy it!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I've heard awesome things about this one. Enjoy!

Lori said...

I have heard good things about this book. Enjoy it.Here's Mine

Lori said...

I look forward to reading this book as well. Here's Mine

Alexia561 said...

Looking forward to reading this one as I've heard nothing but raves! Enjoy!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.