Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (July 29)

This was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's basically books that haven't been released yet, but that I can't wait for.

This week:

The Maze Runner
By James Dashner

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.

Release Date: October 6, 2009
Published by Random House

8 comments:

Cecelia said...

This looks great - thanks for featuring it! (now I have to wait for ANOTHER book...sigh)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Sounds good!

Briana said...

Arielle picked this too :) It sounds really good.

-Briana

James Dashner said...

Hey, thanks for choosing my book! I'm really glad that you're excited for it. I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Thanks again, very much.

James, a fellow psycho book lover

WhatBriReads said...

This looks really good, thanks for featuring it! Adding it to my wishlist right now. :)

Kristen said...

I have this one at home and it looks good. I need to push it up on my reading list.

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

I've really want 2 read this book *drool* lol

Alexia561 said...

This one looks great! Going to put it on my wishlist right now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.