Monday, July 20, 2009

A Little Bit About Me

Since I didn't create one at the start of my blog, I thought I would do an "about me" post today. I've lived in Vermont all of my life, so I'm used to very small cities, and huge backyards. So I get to look at the stars at night, and a few major cities are located fairly close to me (NYC, Boston, Montreal). For people who've never been here, we have a lot of festivals (i.e. Applefest, Maplefest, Jazzfest), and Ben & Jerry's, but quite honestly that's about it. I spent my first year of college in Worcester, but the school didn't really fit who I was, plus freshman weren't allowed to have cars so I was trapped on campus all year long. I'm going to be a senior this year, and am currently dreading applying to graduate school for psychology (another standardized test...no thanks) .

I work part-time at a video rental store, and honestly I can't complain. We're encouraged to get any school assignments done during our shift, and I don't have to pay for my movies. This is usually where I get most of my blogging done, particularly commenting on peoples IMM posts. It's also the reason why I've got almost every disney movie memorized completely. I love spending time at the independent bookstore in my town. It's small, but the owners are amazing (they gave me my first arc! It was a copy of The Hunger Games). It's also the place I celebrated (or mourned, depending on how you look at it) the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I got to dress up, hand out books, and judge the costume contest (and get into general shenanigans).

Hm I'm not really sure what else there is to say...perhaps I'll post more later!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Nice to know more about you. :)

Amy said...

That sounds like a cool place to live! Well, anytjhing is cool when compared to my sucky town ;) My dream job would be working at a bookstore, but a video store is just as good....
-amy

Natascha De Marco said...

Ur close to NYC!!?!?! I wish I were close to NYC :(

PS; I am having a contest at my blog for a copy of Meridian by Amber Kizer, may you enter? ^^

www.bloodybookaholic.blogspot.com

vvb32 reads said...

nice post. thanks for sharing. your home state sounds ideal for country-like living.

Sandy said...

I wish my town had festivals. Maplefest and Applefest sound fun! Ah, you're going to be a senior in college? I'm actually going to be a freshman this year. I'm quite excited. :] That's cool that you work in a video rental store...I saw a movie once where people would drop their movies into this dropbox and then a guy would catch them, rewind them and sometimes watch them. Is it really like that?

BBC MOVIE OF NORTH & SOUTH=AMAZING. I am still in awe of it, the book and how it's not nearly as popular as Pride & Prejudice. I'm finding it so much more complex and meaningful.

Briana said...

Senior? Got any tips for a freshmen :)??? I'm shakin in my boots.

-Briana

Lizzy said...

Briana - Hmm...always wear flip flops to the shower. That's the best advice I can give, aside from avoid early morning classes if you stay up any later then midnight.

Pirate Penguin - It's a lot less exciting. We only get to watch movies rated PG and under, so it's all kids movies all the time

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.