Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesday (January 21)

What is teaser tuesday?
It's a meme hosted by Should Be Reading and here are the rules: 

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  


'I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'
-The Fellowship of the Ring, page 50, by J.R.R. Tolkein

*I'm fairly certain the between the two of us my sister and I have at least 3 different covers of this book! They're all so pretty, but we have a problem.




5 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Wow. What a line. Who hasn't wished that before? I love it. Timeless.

Dazzling Mage said...

I REALLY need to get around to reading this series! Love!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I've read the Lord of the Rings trilogy several times, but that was years ago. Guess I need to read it again!
My Teaser is from REFLECTIONS OF MAMIE.

Greg said...

Love this series. I really appreciate the Fellowship more now that I'm older too- when I was a kid I thought the beginning was a bit boring, but now I appreciate all the world building he put into it. Great teaser!

Mary Hill said...

Hi,

this is a great classic to feature. :)

Mary-andering Creatively

Mary-andering Among the Pages

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.