Saturday, January 11, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (January 11)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews! It's a way to highlight the books that everyone got throughout the week.

Purchased (with a birthday gift card, so it doesn't break my book buying ban...see how I am justifying that?)

 No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale

Small towns are nothing if not friendly. Friendship, Wisconsin (population: 689 688) is no different. Around here, everyone wears a smile. And no one ever locks their doors. Until, that is, high school sweetheart Ruth Fried is found murdered. Strung up like a scarecrow in the middle of a cornfield.

Unfortunately, Friendship’s police are more adept at looking for lost pets than catching killers. So Ruth’s best friend, Kippy Bushman, armed with only her tenacious Midwestern spirit and Ruth’s secret diary (which Ruth’s mother had asked her to read in order to redact any, you know, sex parts), sets out to find the murderer. But in a quiet town like Friendship—where no one is a suspect—anyone could be the killer.


Published by HarperTeen

Don't Miss: Cress Review and Giveaway
Monthly Comment Contest: Every time you leave a link on a non-meme post you're entered to win your choice of any of the books I've reviewed that month!

6 comments:

Megan R said...

I've heard really mixed things about this one, but I think I'd like to give it a try! I hope you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I have No One Else Can Have You for review, it sounds promising.

Anonymous said...

Nice haul.

I've not heard a lot about this book, but I added it on to my Wish List because of the cover.

Hope that you enjoy it.

Please feel free to check out my haul at http://thewanderingbookworm.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/book-haul-christmas-2013-haul-part-three/

Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm said...

Nice! I have an ARC of this but still haven't managed to get to it, something I need to do very soon. I hope you enjoy it :) My STS.

Unknown said...

I have heard a lot of good things about this book! Happy reading.
My STS
Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

Tales of Whimsy said...

This cover makes me smile. Even though admitting that is sorta twisted.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.