Sunday, January 5, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (January 5)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews! It's a way to highlight the books that everyone got throughout the week.

Christmas Gifts - 

Jim Henson: The Biography 

For the first time ever-a comprehensive biography of one of the twentieth-century's most innovative creative artists: the incomparable, irreplaceable Jim Henson.

He was a gentle dreamer whose genial bearded visage was recognized around the world, but most people got to know him only through the iconic characters born of his fertile imagination: Kermit the Frog, Bert and Ernie, Miss Piggy, Big Bird. The Muppets made Jim Henson a household name, but they were only part of his remarkable story.


 Published by Ballantine Books

I can't wait! I adore the muppets, and Henson seemed to have a positive impact on everyone around him. So, I will be diving into this during the next snowstorm we have.  

Allegiant  by Veronica Roth



The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.


Published by Katherine Tegen Books

Well, I remember the public outcry at the ending, but I avoided being spoiled. So, I will be sure to have a box of tissues handy just in case. 

6 comments:

kristy1504 said...

Oooh I do hope you enjoy Allegiant! I really liked how it ended, but I understand why many did not. That being said, enjoy! And thanks for stopping by!

The Reading Nook Reviews said...

Congrats on both! The Jim Henson book looks super interesting - will have to check it out. :)

-Jess

My StS

Alexia561 said...

Love Jim Henson, so hope the biography is good! Happy reading!

Jillyn said...

Enjoy Allegiant! (I still need to read Insurgent). Thanks for visiting my post!

Chelsea said...

Hope you like Allegiant! I've yet to take the plunge with the series, but I suspect it'll happen early this year. Out of curiosity. Once I finally get through Cassandra Clare's series... *Cough* I'm so behind on these super popular series.... :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

JH has always fascinated me. I wouldn't mind knowing more about him.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.