Friday, June 24, 2011

Author Interview: Myra McEntire


A huge thanks to Myra for taking the time to answer a couple of questions about her first YA novel, Hourglass. You can check out her blog here: http://myramcentire.blogspot.com/

1.Can you describe Hourglass in a few quick words? It's about a girl who sees what she thinks could be ghosts. They ARE NOT.
 
2.Hourglass is your first book, can you describe your journey to getting published?

I went the traditional route - finished, revised manuscript, queried agents, revised for my agent, agent submitted to Egmont! 
 
3. The book deals with time travel, and the book doesn't shy away from describing the science behind it. What inspired you to write about this topic, and how long did it take you to research it?

I ended up writing time travel because I wanted the book to be different from other paranormal books out there. And  I did a LOT of research - many hours worth. I still do actually! 

4. I found it extremely easy to relate to Emerson, and enjoyed watching her grow as a character while she came to terms with her ability. Were any of her characteristics inspired by people in your life, or personal experiences? Definitely the edit button. Mine is ALSO broken. 

5. I was excited to find out that you've already sold the sequel to Hourglass! Can you give us any hints as to what Emerson will be facing in book two? I wish I could. But I have been forbidden by my publisher! (And they sign the checks, yo!)

4 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Fab interview. She's peaked my interest.

Jenny N. said...

I've heard great things about Hourglass...I guess I will have to read it soon.

Nina said...

Great interview. I really want to read this book after reading such fab reviews about it. ;)

Register domain said...

Really awesome information through this interview and it's great for me to read this post..
Register a Domain

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.