Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (June 8)

Before I get to my WoW, I just wanted to do a little birthday shout out to my sister! Happy birthday!


Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

From Bad To Cursed by Katie Alender


Alexis is the last girl you'd expect to sell her soul. She already has everything she needs--an adorable boyfriend, the perfect best friend, and a little sister who’s finally recovering after being possessed by an evil spirit, then institutionalized.  Alexis is thrilled when her sister joins a club; new friends are just what Kasey needs.  It’s strange, though, to see how fast the girls in The Sunshine Club go from dorky and antisocial to gorgeous and popular.  Soon Alexis learns that the girls have pledged an oath to a seemingly benevolent spirit named Aralt.  Worried that Kasey's in over her head again, Alexis and her best friend Megan decide to investigate by joining the club themselves.  At first, their connection with Aralt seems harmless.  Alexis trades in her pink hair and punky clothes for a mainstream look, and quickly finds herself reveling in her newfound elegance and success. Instead of fighting off the supernatural, Alexis can hardly remember why she joined in the first place. Surely it wasn't to destroy Aralt...why would she hurt someone who has given her so much, and asked for so little in return?

Published by Disney-Hyperion
Release Date: June 14, 2011

7 comments:

Jillian said...

What a scary looking cover. Sounds very intriguing!

Jenny N. said...

Haven't read the series but I do agree that the covers are pretty scary looking.

Katie said...

creepy...but kinda cool sounding

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooo sounds creepy good.

Sally said...

I loved Bad Girls Don't Die and I can't wait to get my hands on this one.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

Julie said...

I have the first book in my TBR pile! I hope I can get to it soon. I've heard it's a great book. This one looks good too!

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

Oh cool. I hadn't heard of this one before!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.