Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (January 5)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

*Note: This isn't the final cover

The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker

Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she’s not so sure.

To: KateLowry@pemberlybrown.edu
Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM
From: GraceLee@pemberlybrown.edu
Subject: (no subject)

Kate,
I'm here…
sort of.
Find Cameron.

He knows.
I shouldn't be writing.
Don't tell.
They'll hurt you.

Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace’s death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school. Secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder...

Published by Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: March 1, 2011

11 comments:

Majanka said...

The synopsis looks great, very promising. I'm not that fond of the cover, but the title is nice though. Here's my WoW for the week.

Jan von Harz said...

It's got an interesting premise could be a winner. I would definitely read it. Great pick!

Anonymous said...

This looks good.

Anonymous said...

The cover and the blurb totally don't match up! The cover looks like it's going to be this fun happy little book - maybe about cheating on your boyfriend or something, then the blurb is all dark and creepy. I'm curious about this one for sure now. Great pick.
Megan @ Read It, See It

Tales of Whimsy said...

Cute! I hadn't heard of this one.

Lisa said...

I agree with Megan Hoover-Swicegood. The cover doesn't really match the description. I was expecting something light and fun, and then I read the description. This does sound like a great book though. Good choice.

Jenny N. said...

Nice pick! I've seen this one around and it does sound like a fun read.

BLHmistress said...

I heard some wonderful things about this book , I absolutely love the premise.


My WOW

lisa and laura said...

Thank you so much for posting about Liar Society! We're so excited for you to read it! Hopefully you'll fall in love with Kate and the gang!

Cinette said...

This sounds like an exciting read! I'm putting it on my wishlist!

Nina said...

I love the sound of this story. It's sounds like a fun mystery story. :) Great cover too.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.