Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Liar Society Cover

The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker has a new cover, see it below:

I actually think this one is a big improvement on the other covers that I'd seen. Of course, those weren't the final covers... Still, they didn't seem to grasp the novel, but this one definitely says "elite private school", with a mix of fun and mystery. From what I understand, there was a cover being voted on in which the girl on the cover (Kate) didn't have pink hair. While the character doesn't have pink hair (from what I understand), it does grab the eye. The book will be released on March 1, 2011.

So what do you think of the new cover?

3 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Hi! Thanks for the shout out about the new cover! Kate actually originally didn't have pink hair in the book, but because we're total OCD control freaks, we talked our publisher into letting us make some changes in the manuscript at the very last second. SO...now Kate has brown hair in some flashback scenes and pink hair in the present day. We're thrilled with the change! Totally works with her character and it's fun to boot!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I don't know. I'm not sure I dig it.

I do love that the girls changed her hair to match the cover. I LOVE when the cover actually matches the character.

Jenny N. said...

It looks like a fun boarding school read with the main character having some spunk and attitude. The only think I'm not really liking about the cover is the black background.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.