Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (January 19)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Dark Mirror by M.J. Putney

Lady Victoria Mansfield, youngest daughter of the Earl and
Countess of Fairmount, is destined for a charmed life. Soon she
will be presented during the London season, where she can choose a mate worthy of her status.

Yet Tory has a shameful secret—a secret so powerful that, if
exposed, it could strip her of her position and disgrace her family forever. Tory’s blood is tainted…by magic. When a shocking accident forces Tory to demonstrate her despised skill, the secret she’s fought so hard to hide is revealed for all to see. She is immediately exiled to Lackland Abbey, a reform school for young men and women in her position. There she will learn to suppress her deplorable talents and maybe, if she’s one of the lucky ones, be able to return to society.

But Tory’s life is about to change forever. All that she’s ever
known or considered important will be challenged. What lies
ahead is only the beginning of a strange and wonderful journey
into a world where destiny and magic come together, where true love and friendship find her, and where courage and strength of character are the only things that determine a young girl’s worth.

Published by St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: March 1, 2011

17 comments:

June G said...

Never heard of this one. A fresh pick! Nice. Thanks.

Cass said...

I really love the concept and cover of this one. It's on my top-wishlist. Thanks for the feature! Also, why is your title for Teaser Tuesday? :P

BLHmistress said...

I really want to read this book too,great pick!


My WOW

Kai Agito said...

Oh, this has been in my list since I read the summary a few weeks ago. Don't you just love the cover? I do!

If you're interested, here's my WoW picks for this week

Julie said...

I'm waiting for this one, too! I love the cover. I used to be big into romance novels and read lots of Mary Jo Putney's books. I'm so excited to see she's written a YA book. Here's my WoW.

Kimberly said...

I hadn't heard of this one but it sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out :)

Here's my WOW pick.

Kat
Wit and Sin

Jan von Harz said...

This sound awesome. Love the setting and the mystery. Also am loving the cover. Great pick!

Christina T said...

I like this trend of having romance authors write YA books. So far I have not been disappointed! Nice pick!

Dazzling Mage said...

I LOVE the cover for this. And it sounds good too! Great WoW pick!

Unknown said...

I just added this one to my list this week, it looks like a good one. Great pick!

joyh82 said...

This one sounds great, have to add it to my never ending list.
Joy at Books and Life

Jess - A Book Hoarder said...

I hadn't heard of this book but I will be checking it out.

Mary Grace said...

The cover definitely looks amazing! Great choice.

Here's my pick.

Jenny N. said...

Nice pick! This one is on my list too.

danya said...

Oh yes, I am certainly looking forward to this one! Victorian England + magic = count me in.

Kelly aka yllektra(I Work For Books) said...

This sounds quite original!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I really like the look and sound of this one. Great pick!

Here is what I was wishing for yesterday

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.