Sunday, January 9, 2011

In My Mailbox (January 9)

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. All of the synopses you see below were found on Goodreads. Here are the books I got this week...

Purchased:

Balefire (Omnibus) by Cate Tiernan

All four of the books in the Balefire series contained in one book.









For Review:

Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison

Bridget Duke is the uncontested ruler of her school. The meanest girl with the biggest secret insecurities. And when new girl Anna Judge arrives, things start to fall apart for Bridget: friends don’t worship as attentively, teachers don’t fall for her wide-eyed “who me?” look, expulsion looms ahead and the one boy she’s always loved--Liam Ward--can barely even look at her anymore.

When a desperate Bridget drives too fast and crashes her car, she ends up in limbo, facing everyone she’s wronged and walking a few uncomfortable miles in their shoes. Now she has only one chance to make a last impression. Though she might end up dead, she has one last shot at redemption and the chance to right the wrongs she’s inflicted on the people who mean the most to her.

And Bridget’s about to learn that, sometimes, saying you’re sorry just isn’t enough. (From Paige Harbison's website)

7 comments:

Jenny N. said...

Haven't heard of the Blefire series until now so will have to look it up. Here Lies Bridget looks good too, happy reading!

Monster of Books said...

Balefire looks cool. I hope you enjoy your books. Happy Reading XD

Nina said...

Never heard of Balefire (Omnibus) before. I like the cover. I hope it's good. Enjoy!

Brittany said...

I like this edition of the Balefire series. The old covers were sort of bleh. Happy Reading!

Alison Can Read said...

Great reads. The Balefire cover looks cool. And I'm looking forward to the Bridget book.

Carla said...

They look interesting.

I just wanted to let you know I've given you a blog award. You can see it at: http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-award.html

Julie said...

The Balefire books look interesting. I can't wait to read Here Lies Bridget. Happy reading!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.