Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (January 12)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
The body of a young girl is discovered in a field of wheat. Her flesh mutilated by telltale claw marks. The Wolf has broken the peace.

When Valerie learns that her sister has been killed by the legendary creature, she finds herself at the center of a dark mystery, one that has plagued her village for generations. It is revealed that the werewolf lives among them, and everyone in the village immediately becomes a suspect. Could her secret love Peter be behind the attacks on her town? Is it her betrothed, Henry? Or someone even closer to her?

As the men in the village hunt for the beast, Valerie turns to her grandmother for help. She gives Valerie a handmade red riding cloak, and guides her through the web of lies and deception that has held her town together for so long. Will Valerie discover the werewolf's identity before the town is ripped apart?

This is a dangerous new vision of a classic fairy tale, the happy ending could be hard to find.

Published by
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: January 25th 2011

9 comments:

Monster of Books said...

Ehh this book isn't out til the 25th?? Really?? I've seen tons of copies at my local book store.
Nice pick :)

Jenny N. said...

I've seen this one at my local Chapters just the other day too. I thought it was already released since the store rarely gets books early. It sounds good and I love retellings.

BLHmistress said...

I haven't ever read a retelling so this one really is pulling me to buy.

Awesome choice :)

My WOW

Jan von Harz said...

I am so very excited about this one. I adore fairy-tale retellings and just cannot wait to get my hands on this one. Great pick!

Christina T said...

I hadn't heard of this but it is going straight to my TBR list. Fantastic pick!

Rachel said...

This sounds a lot more twisted than the original, aha. It sounds interesting though!

Jamie Manning said...

I've been waiting on this one for a while...can't hardly wait to read it! Thanks for picking a great one!

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

Tales of Whimsy said...

OOooo me too!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.