Sunday, March 21, 2010

In My Mailbox (March 21)

In my mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. Here are the books I got this week...

For Review:

Plus by Veronica Chambers
(Published by Razorbill/Release Date: August 5, 2010)

This is the unbelievable story of how I went to college, gained twenty-five pounds, got dumped by my boyfriend, failed physics and became a worldfamous supermodel.”

So begins the Cinderella story of Beatrice Wilson, whose life changes overnight when she’s discovered by a scout for the oldest, most prestigious modeling agency in America—for their plus-sized division.

Now she must find the confidence to vanquish skinny rivals, fend off sleazy photographers, and banish scheming frenemies in her rise to superstardom, all while trying to get her ex-boyfriend back. But Bea learns that to win prince charming, you first have to find a way to love yourself.

I'm pretty excited about this one! What did you get?

15 comments:

YA Book Queen said...

This one does sound pretty fun, I'm excited to get to it! Hope you enjoy it :D

Maria said...

Looks like a fun read. Enjoy :D

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Love that cover!! So bright and cheerful! Enjoy!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd like to read it now that you've brought it to my attention, in fact.

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) said...

Love the cover of that one - perfect for a summer read!

Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/03/in-my-mailbox-3-21-10-update.html
I hope you have a great week!

Laura from the Bookie Bunch

Test said...

I read Plus last year when it had a different cover and release date and liked it a lot, so I hope you enjoy it too! Happy reading. :)

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

I have 2 read this one! Love the cover :D

Hope you enjoy it. Happy reading, BTW loved Firespell

Emily said...

I've seen this one around a lot and it looks pretty interesting.
Happy Reading!

Christina T said...

I hadn't heard of this one before. It sounds like one I might enjoy. I look forward to reading your review.

vvb32 reads said...

definitely sounds like a cute cinderella-like story.

btw: you've just been awarded
http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/02/most-amazing-follower-award.html

Christina / Book Addict said...

I like the summary of that book- hilarious! I hope enjoy it and thanks for visiting my IMM.

Alayne said...

Plus sounds so cute! My Mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun read I hope you enjoy it :o)

Anonymous said...

It actually sounds really good.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I tried this one and it didn't jive with me. Maybe it was just bad timing.

I hop you love it and I can't wait for your review :)

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.