Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (January 6)

This was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Basically, these books haven't been released yet, but I can't wait for them.

A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee

This is a colourful, action-packed Victorian detective novel centred around the exploits of 'agent' Mary Quinn. At a young age, Mary is rescued from the gallows by a woman masquerading as a prison warden. She is taken to Miss Scrimshaw's Academy for Girls. The school, Mary learns, is a front for a private investigation agency and, at 17, she is taken on as an agent. In her new role she is catapulted into the family home of the Thorolds to investigate the shady business dealings of Mr Thorold.

Published by Walker Books Ltd.
Release Date: April 6, 2009






Today is also my birthday! So, I'm off to celebrate

8 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ooo I've had this on my list for a while. Good choice.

Tales of Whimsy said...

BTW Happy Birthday darling! I hope it's totally grand!

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

A Victorian mystery with a detective? Sign me up!

Y S Lee said...

Hi Lizzy, thank you for your interest in Spy! Have you seen the gorgeous new US cover? It's up at my website, if you're curious: http://yslee.com/2009/12/spy-the-american-cover/. Happy birthday!

MissA said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I need to read the first book in this series. I love how the main character is biracial, a half Chinese female Victorian detective/spy? Sounds amazing!

Monster of Books said...

Ahh so excited for this book :) Sounds so good and interesting :)

Emma said...

Oooh this one looks good!

Okie said...

Ooh...this does sound like a fun book.

And happy birthday. :)

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.