Sunday, January 17, 2010

In My Mailbox (January 17)

In my mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. Here are the books I got this week...

The Line by Teri Hall

An invisible, uncrossable physical barrier encloses the Unified States. The The Line is the part of the border that lopped off part of the country, dooming the inhabitants to an unknown fate when the enemy used a banned weapon. It’s said that bizarre creatures and superhumans live on the other side, in Away. Nobody except tough old Ms. Moore would ever live next to the Line.

Nobody but Rachel and her mother, who went to live there after Rachel’s dad died in the last war. It’s a safe, quiet life. Until Rachel finds a mysterious recorded message that can only have come from Away. The voice is asking for help.

Who sent the message? Why is her mother so protective? And to what lengths is Rachel willing to go in order to do what she thinks is right?

(Synopsis from Goodreads)


What did you get this week?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard only amazing things about The Line. I hope you enjoy it! :D

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

oh!!the line! I really want 2 read tat one :D
happy reading!

Kari Olson said...

I am so excited for this one!

sarah darlington said...

The Line. That looks interesting. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Unknown said...

This books looks amazing! Hope you enjoy it.

Kathy Martin said...

I'll be looking forward to your review of The Line. This is one book that I can't decide about. Some days I want it, others not so much. Happy reading!

Emma said...

Heard great things about this one. Hope you enjoy it!

~The Book Pixie said...

OMG, I really want The Line. It sounds so great. Hope you like it.

~Briana

Unknown said...

Great book! I'll be writing my review up soon!

Brittany said...

I thought this was great, excited to see your review. Enjoy!

The Book Owl said...

The Line looks amazing. Can't wait to see what you think. :)

Rebecca said...

Wow The Line looks so good. Hope you enjoy reading it.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy The Line! Happy reading!!

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

This looks really good!
Hope you enjoy!

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) said...

Great book... I've been wanting that one for AGES.

Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-17-10.html

Have a great week!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.