Sunday, January 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (January 24)

In my mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. Here are the books I got this week...

Nothing new this week, but I did just start reading
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.

What did you get this week?

12 comments:

the story siren said...

i need to read this one! hope you enjoy! happy reading!

sarah darlington said...

I also really want to read this one. I hope you like it. Enjoy!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Ohh, nice choice. I reviewed this one, and it was pretty good. Happy reading! :D

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

i really need 2 start this one!

Happy reading!

Tuning Into YA Books said...

Have fun reading Maze Runner. Really good book

prophecygirl said...

I hear The Maze Runner is fantastic, so I hope you enjoy it. :)

Alayne said...

Ooh this one sounds fabulous. Happy reading!
Alayne - The Crowded Leaf.

Stephanie said...

This has an intriguing premise. I hope you enjoy it!

The Book Owl said...

The Maze Runner sounds really good! Can't wait to read your review. =]

Brooke Reviews said...

The Maze Runner is so good! Hope you enjoy it!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ooooo how cool! I have been wanting to read this one!

The Book Owl said...

Hey Lizzy. =] You asked how I liked Of All The Stupid Things so far, and I've got to say, I'm really liking it! The POV alternates, and there's always something juicy going on. It's great so far!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.