Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (June 12)


Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.


Marie Antionette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender


Colette Iselin is excited to go to Paris on a class trip. She’ll get to soak up the beauty and culture, and maybe even learn something about her family’s French roots.

But a series of gruesome murders are taking place across the city, putting everyone on edge. And as she tours museums and palaces, Colette keeps seeing a strange vision: a pale woman in a ball gown and powdered wig, who looks suspiciously like Marie Antoinette.

Colette knows her popular, status-obsessed friends won’t believe her, so she seeks out the help of a charming French boy. Together, they uncover a shocking secret involving a dark, hidden history. When Colette realizes she herself may hold the key to the mystery, her own life is suddenly in danger . . .

Acclaimed author Katie Alender brings heart-stopping suspense to this story of revenge, betrayal, intrigue — and one killer queen.


Published by Scholastic
Release Date: September 24, 2013

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome book!

My WoW:
http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

starryeyedjen said...

Marie Antoinette sounds like a killer book! Lol. I'm kind of in love with that cover, too. :)

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

Seriously. This book looks amazing. I can't wait to read it. Great pick!
Natflix&Books' WoW

Somewhere Only We Know said...

This one is new to me. But it looks pretty good!

My WOW
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ha. Creative! I like it.

Krystianna said...

Great pick! This one sounds really good. I'm definitely buying it when it comes out. :)

Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Aylee said...

Eek, YES!!! Can't wait for this. What a premise, haha!

famous paintings said...

sounds really good to me! added!!

Dazzling Mage said...

I'm kind of nervous about this one... I really like the French Revolution, and stories on Marie Antoinette are so interesting, so I already have an idea of her in my head.

Still, curious about this one.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.