Sunday, June 9, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (June 9)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews! It's a way to highlight the books that everyone got throughout the week.

For Review: 

This one was a surprise in my mailbox!

Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia by Jenny Torres Sanchez

Frenchie Garcia can’t come to grips with the death of Andy Cooper. Her friends didn’t know she had a crush him. And they don’t know she was the last person with him before he committed suicide. But Frenchie’s biggest concern is how she blindly helped him die that night.

Frenchie’s already insane obsession with death and Emily Dickinson won’t help her understand the role she played during Andy’s “one night of adventure.” But when she meets Colin, she may have found the perfect opportunity to recreate that night. While exploring the emotional depth of loss and transition to adulthood, Sanchez’s sharp humor and clever observations bring forth a richly developed voice.

Published by Running Press



Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass 2) by Sarah J Maas

After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?

Published by Bloomsbury
Release Date: August 27, 2013 

13 comments:

Shoshanah said...

Both of these are new to me, but I'm really really intrigued by the cover of Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia. Definitely will need to find out more about it!

Lisa Mandina said...

Hmm, that first one sounds very intriguing! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Sugar and Snark said...

Crown of Midnight has such a cool cover! Enjoy :)

Sugar & Snark's STS

proseandkahn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm intrigued by the Dickinson, Death, etc. Happy reading!

brenda

Unknown said...

Great haul! Still have to read Throne of Glass.. Happy reading:)

My StS:
http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/stacking-shelves-3-netgalley-book-haul.html

Dina @ All The Stacks said...

I love covers with interesting typography. That would be enough for me to read it. Very cool!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love love that first cover and title.

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I love the cover for Death, Dickerson--and getting surprise books in the mail! I still need to read Throne of Glass. I've heard great things and have it on order at the library. Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

DeniseF said...

I haven't heard of either of these books but they look really good! Thanks for stopping by!

Amy @ Happily Reading Ever After said...

I haven't read the first book in the series by Maas yet. I'm not sure if I'll read it or not because it's not my normal read.

Thanks for stopping by

Unknown said...

So jealous of your copy of Crown of Midnight! Loved Throne of Glass. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

The first book is new to me but has quite a title! I never could finish Throne of Glass. Not for me but I did love Prince Dorian! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

Unknown said...

Oh, you got Crown of Midnight! I am so very jealous! I wanted that one so badly! I look forward to everyone's reviews though!

Thanks for stopping by my STS!

Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.