Saturday, May 28, 2011

Return from my Blog Vacation, Blogoversary, and The Book Battle

Well, I've returned from my brief blog vacation, and I caught up on a bunch of reading. It actually extended a bit longer then I had planned, so there were a few days of blog silence on my end. I'm hoping to catch up with comments and posting this weekend. Here's a list of all of the books I finished during the past two weeks, all of the links go to Goodreads.

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Hate List by Jennifer Brown
Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters by Natalie Standiford
Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Abandon by Meg Cabot
Reread - The BFG/The Witches by Roald Dahl 
Started: Chime by Franny Billingsley, & Witch & Wizard by James Patterson
DNF: Dust City by Robert Paul Weston


My 2 year blogoversary (blogiversary? :) I wish there was some universally accepted spelling of this word) came and went rather quietly. Since I'm lacking funds, I won't be doing a celebration giveaway right now. I'm hoping to do something at the end of the summer which will have my favorite new/summer reads as prizes.

I'm also participating in the 2011 YA Best Overlooked Book Battle! I'm really excited to be a round two judge, so as I get my judging assignment/judging partner, I'll be updating about the process (with no spoilers about the winner). For those that don't know, this contest is once again being hosted by Alyssa at The Shady Glade, and as a round two judge I'll be asked to read two books from the shortlist, confer with another judge, and decide which book is the winner of our bracket. Here's the shortlist:

Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy by L.A. Meyer
Intrinsical by Lani Woodland
John Belushi Is Dead by Kathy Charles
Kathleen's Story (Angels in Pink) by Lurlene McDaniel
Keeping Corner by Kashmira Sheth
Keturah And Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City by Kristen Miller
Ophelia by Lisa M. Klein
Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper
Polly and the Pirates, Volume 1 by Ted Naifeh
Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
Song Of The Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
StarCrossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce
Stork by Wendy Delsol
Storm Thief by Chris Wooding
Stravaganza: City Of Masks by Mary Hoffman
The Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda
The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman
The Hollow Kingdom by Clare B. Dunkle
The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan
Threads and Flames by Esther Friesner
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress by Tina Ferraro
Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher

6 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Welcome back!
Happy anniversary!
*hugs*
You go you reading machine!

Wall-to-wall books said...

I read A Discovery of Witches and loved it!!! Are you going to write a review on it, I'll be interested to see what you thought.

Jenny N. said...

Good to see you back! It looks like you've done lots of reading too.

Jillian said...

Yay, happy anniversary! (I would just call it that if I were you) Haha!

Actually, when my blog turned 1, I was also trying to figure out how to spell blogoversay/blogiversary/blogaversary.

Julie said...

Congrats on your 2 year blogiversary! Awesomeness. Looking forward to more reviews!

Pattaya Condo Villas Rentals Property said...

Did you know, a piece of mangosteen cost $11 in some countries? That is very expensive, right? We are lucky that this fruit is native in our country.
Service rent property in pattaya | Pattaya Appartments properties

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.