Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (May 4)


Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Can there truly be love after death?

Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.

Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, Hereafter is a sensation you won't want to miss.

Published by HarperCollins
Release Date: June 7, 2011

10 comments:

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

Ooh, this one looks great :) I haven't actually read any YA ghost stories, but maybe this one :P nice pick!

Kai Agito said...

The last ghost themed YA book I've read is Give Up The Ghost, and Hereafter sounds really great. I should read my copy soon. Great pick! :)

Here are my WoW picks this week

Jan von Harz said...

Hereafter sounds awesome. Great pick!

Karis Jacobstein said...

I just got the ARC of this one yesterday. Woot! I can't wait to read it!

http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-3-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-4th.html

Anne said...

This book looks like one I would love to read- great pick!

Brodie said...

Really excited to get my hands on this. Not only is the cover beautiful, but the plot sounds awesome! Plus I'm craving a ghost-type novel and this is perfect to satisfy my hunger.

My WoW

Unknown said...

I'm really looking forward to reading this one too, I love the cover. =)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Awesome choice!

Jenny N. said...

Sounds great! I don't read enough ghost stories.

Christina T said...

Great pick! This sounds really good.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.