Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (May 25) & Teaser Tuesday (on Wednesday)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber

The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...

Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul

Published by Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: November 1, 2011


I'm currently reading Abandon by Meg Cabot, and thought I would put a teaser up today (since I didn't participate yesterday). 


"That's how I hadn't noticed the evil. Not the kind people like to pretend is real, the kind they tell ghost stories and make horror movies about. But the real evil that had been roaming the halls of the Westpot Academy for Girls, looking for the sweetest, most innocent victim it could find." 

-Abandon, page 116, by Meg Cabot


15 comments:

Kimberly said...

Darker Still sounds FANTASTIC. I've never heard of it, but it's totally going on my TBB list.

Here's my WOW pick.

Kat
Wit and Sin

Jan von Harz said...

Oh Darker Still sounds amazing. I love the summary and will be putting this one my wish list. Thanks for featuring this one.

Carina said...

I haven't heard of this one before, but it really sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing! :)

Carina
(My WoW)

Christina T said...

I will have to add Darker Still to my TBR list. It does look really interesting.

Anne said...

Darker Still looks like a good one. I am adding it to my TBR list.

Jillian said...

Darker Still's cover is so eye catching!! Great pick this week.

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

Nice Choices!

Paranormal WAstelands' WoW:
http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

Unknown said...

This one looks great, I love the cover and the synopsis sounds intriguing. Can't wait!

Jenny N. said...

I'm waiting on Darker Still too.

Julie said...

Darker Still looks crazy good. Love that gorgeous cover! Haven't read any Meg Cabot books. I know, I know! lol Great teaser. I'll have to check out it out!

Anonymous said...

Great wow! choices.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I LOVE that Darker Still cover.

Leia-Ann said...

Yes, that cover looks incredible and the story sounds fabulous. Thanks!

Obsession with Books said...

Beautiful covers! great choices.

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a great day.

Black Disaster Fairy said...

Darker still looks amazing! I love the cover! I have a different book by the author that I need to get read :)

Black Disaster Fairy
A World of Personality

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.