Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (June 3)

This was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's basically the books that haven't been released yet, but that I'm pining for.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.




If you haven't read the first book, The Hunger Games, I suggest you do so immediately. I was lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC (way back in summer 08), and I couldn't put it down. The covers may not look all that appealing, but I guess this is case and point that you can't judge a book by it's cover.


Release Date - September 01, 2009
Published by Scholastic, Inc



0 comments:

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.