Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (December 10)

What is teaser tuesday?
It's a meme hosted by Should Be Reading and here are the rules: 

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  


"So a little misstep is all right. What matters is who shows up when you need them the most." 
-Going Rogue, Page 95 (ARC edition), By Robin Benway




I thought I'd try a Top Ten Tuesday every now and again. They always have great topics, but I'm not always prepared enough to actually write things up! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is...

The Top Ten Books on my Winter TBR - 

1. Cress (The Lunar Chronicles 3) by Marissa Meyer. Talk about impatient, I cannot wait to read this book. I absolutely devoured the first two in the series, and they are amazing re-tellings with diverse settings and fabulous heronies. SO good!

Published by Feiwel and Friends
Release Date: February 4, 2014

2. The Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen. Her books always leave me feeling light and satisfied. It's the way that she winds small bits of magic throughout her plots. It adds this extra dimension that I never knew that I wanted (until I read Garden Spells, that is), and I love how it changes the characters. Do they embrace the magic, reject it? How does that impact their life? I'm definitely going to cozy up with the cat and some tea for this one. 

Published by St. Martin's Press
Release Date: January 21, 2014

3. Uninvited by Sophie Jordan. I'm going to start off by saying that it has a gorgeous cover. The plot sounds like it will keep me on the edge of my seat, and I'm totally here for that. Basically, the main character is told that eventually she will kill...ooh, you're interested, right? I first saw this book on Epic Read's weekly video chat, Tea time. If they are interested, the chances of it being a great read are quite high. 

Published by HarperTeen
Release Date: January 28, 2014

4. It Felt Like A Kiss by Sarra Manning. Another fabulous cover! I think this one falls under the New Adult (or Chick Lit) category. I haven't read any NA books yet, but this one sounds so good I can't pass it up. Plus, it sounds like her YA books have a great following. Bring it on!

Published by Corgi (is this not the best name...and also most adorable dog breed?!)

Release Date: February 13, 2014

5. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. A re-telling of Beauty and the Beast that has a lot of action thrown in. Nyx is our heroine, but instead of meeting the beast after her father trespasses, she has known for years that she is going to marry him...so she's been training to kill him! I can't wait!

Published by Balzer and Bray 
Release Date: January 28, 2014

6. Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam. This one involves a computer program that allows people to feel as if they're immersed in another world. One where they can go on adventures, and live virtually. Of course, there are ethical dilemmas, and some romance thrown in for good measure. It sounds like another book that has the suspense and thrills. 

Published by Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: March 18, 2014

7. Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano. This one is a supernatural mystery with the possibility of a romance thrown in. The main character can read people's emotions when she touches them, and the guy in the story is undercover in her school to observe her. Ooo sounds good to me. 

Published by Kathy Dawson Books
Release Date: March 25, 2014 

8. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. So, this one is technically a spring release, but I'm so excited about it that I'm going to put it on this list. The previous two books in this series were great reads, and I'm so impatient for this. What Perkins does well is to create fun and interesting romances. As I get older, I've been getting a bit more skeptical with some YA romance stories (omg am I a romance Scrooge?!), but her books can still hold my attention. Plus, the characters are just so interesting. They're flawed, and it's all about accepting and embracing what makes them imperfect. 

Published by Dutton
Release Date: May 13, 2014

9. Panic by Lauren Oliver. I will read any and all things by this author. She is amazing. This one is based around a game that is played each year by high school seniors. It seems like they partake in this dangerous game for money, but the book blurb doesn't say that explicitly. It also looks like it will be told from two alternating perspectives, which seems like it will add a whole different view of the competition. 

Published by HarperCollins
Release Date: March 4, 2014

10. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. So, this is another spring release...but I'm counting it. This book is about a girl who is unable to tell boys how she feels about them, and expresses it in letter form. Well, they accidentally get mailed, and suddenly she's being confronted by the guys in her past. It sounds like a good read for anyone who's ever wondered whether speaking up is the right choice. 

Published by Simon and Schuster
Release Date: April 22, 2014

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I agree with you about Cress. Just finished the 2 books last 6 December and can't wait to read the next one. Two more months of waiting though. Huhuhu. I am planning to request for a physical ARC and see if the Macmillan will be generous enough.

I have e-ARCs for Panic, Uninvited, and Cruel Beauty but haven't read them yet. I hope they're as gorgeous as their covers.

Thanks for stopping by Thoughts and Pens ages ago.

Dre Wolf said...

I have not started on The Lunar Chronicles, and I should soon!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I'm seeing Cruel Beauty on several TTT lists today. I wonder, did you also read Alex Flinn's Beastly" a few years back? I liked that retelling of B&tB as well.
-Jay

Tales of Whimsy said...

Good call on Lost Lake. I need to read that asap too.

Love the quote too. SO very true.

Kathy Martin said...

A sequel to Also Known As? That was the funniest book I have read in a long time. My teasers this week are from The Great Trouble by Deborah Hopkinson and Dark Witch by Nora Roberts. Happy reading!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Good Teaser. I guess it's another way of saying that when things go wrong, that's who you find out who your real friends are!
My Teaser is from CHRISTMAS CALLING.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.