Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (January 16)






Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.


Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay


In the beginning was the darkness, and in the darkness was a girl, and in the girl was a secret...

In the domed city of Yuan, the blind Princess Isra, a Smooth Skin, is raised to be a human sacrifice whose death will ensure her city’s vitality. In the desert outside Yuan, Gem, a mutant beast, fights to save his people, the Monstrous, from starvation. Neither dreams that together, they could return balance to both their worlds.

Isra wants to help the city’s Banished people, second-class citizens despised for possessing Monstrous traits. But after she enlists the aid of her prisoner, Gem, who has been captured while trying to steal Yuan’s enchanted roses, she begins to care for him, and to question everything she has been brought up to believe.

As secrets are revealed and Isra’s sight, which vanished during her childhood, returned, Isra will have to choose between duty to her people and the beast she has come to love. (From Goodreads)

Published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Release Date: July 23, 2013

10 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

O cool pick. I love the cover too.

Kami said...

Sounds intriguing. Do you know what time period or country this takes place in?

Jen said...

I LOVED the Juliet Immortal/Romeo Redeemed series, so I'm also super excited for this one!

Charlotte said...

This is on my list too!

Unknown said...

Nice pick! I've heard great things about Jay and I love that cover. Thanks for sharing!

Traci @ The Reading Geek said...

Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet but it definitely sounds good. Definitely adding it to my list.

Thanks for visiting my post!

Erica said...

THIS bOOK. I AM SO EXCITED FOR IT.

Sarah@Catching Books said...

This one sounds interesting! I haven't heard of it but I will be sure to check it out :)

Thanks for stopping by my waiting on Wednesday and sorry for the late response!!

YA Novelties said...

This retelling Beauty and the Beast sounds amazing!

Sorry about this really late comment, and thanks for stopping by!

-Angie @YA Novelties

Cecelia said...

Well, I am always up for a new rendition of Beauty and the Beast, so this one goes on my list. Great pick!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.